Tree crown lifting involves the removal of lower branches with the end result being to lift the height of the base of the crown.
This may be carried out to increase the clearance between the ground and the lower branches in order to:
- Allow for access below the tree, particularly vehicles. (In the UK, highways regulations state that the clearance over a highway must be 5.2 meters and 2.5 meters over a footway)
- To help improve light levels
- Aesthetically enhance the tree by creating a balanced lower crown
- Remove interference with structures or property such as fences, telephone lines etc
When crown lifting trees, large primary branches growing directly from the trunk should be left as removing them can create large wounds potentially leading to decay.
Similarly, crown lifting on older, mature trees should be restricted to secondary branches to minimise stress and reduce recovery time.
For more information on our services or for a free estimate, please call 01993 657352.
Tree Services in Oxfordshire
We're one of Oxfordshire's most trusted, experienced and professional tree care specialists, providing tree services for commercial and residential customers from our base in Long Hanborough. All our tree care and maintenance services are available at reasonable prices. If you would like a free no-obligation quote for any of our services, call us today.
Professional and Friendly Approach
We will arrange a free site visit and advise on any tree related matter. We always provide a written quotation and agree a written specification giving full and clear details of the work to be undertaken, before work begins.
All tree work is carried out by NPTC certified arborists and to the British Standard 3998:2010. We are fully insured and treat every job with the utmost care and attention ensuring work is carried out to the highest standards. Our passion for arboriculture and our careful and skilful tree work speaks for itself, but for complete peace of mind read our reviews.
Get a quote
For a quote, booking or just some advice, get in touch on01993 657352 07791 771542
Email email@example.comMake an enquiry
Why choose Summit Trees
- Fully qualified and professional staff
- Personal, reliable service
- Expert knowledge and experience
- All aspects of tree surgery
- Domestic and commercial tree work
- Contract work and one-off jobs
- Fully insured and NPTC qualified
- Registered waste carriers
We recycle all waste
Summit Trees have a strong environmental policy. We are committed to recycling as much timber and tree waste as possible. We recycle the vast majority of our green waste into woodchip. Over time woodchip composts into a valuable mulching material. Bulkier wood waste is recycled into firewood logs.